Medical care is very expensive in the U.S. and therefore all International students are required to have health
International students may purchase medical insurance at Spokane Community College. The Lewer Insurance Company offers
medical insurance that can be purchased upon arrival at SCC for about $204 for 3 months. Medical insurance helps ensure
that your studies will not be interrupted because of the cost of medical care.
Lewer Insurance Through SCC
We contract with Lewer Medical Insurance which costs about $ 204 per quarter and is also available for spouses and children
- Maximum benefit of $ 250,000 USD per qualified illness or injury
- For students new to the U.S., coverage is for anywhere in the world except their home country
- Medical evacuation back to home country - maximum benefit up to $50,000
- Repatriation of remains - maximum benefit up to $25,000
Non-Lewer Medical Insurance
The college strongly recommends that a non-Lewer health insurance plan have at minimum the following benefits and that you
bring an English translation of proof of coverage for the plan you purchased.
NOTE: If you purchase other health insurance instead of Lewer, you are required to bring Proof of Coverage
- Minimum benefit of $ 100,000 per illness
- Coverage anywhere in the U.S.
- Medical evacuation back to home country - maximum benefit of $50,000
- Repatriation of remains - maximum benefit of up to $25,000