What is Worker Retraining?
Worker Retraining is a Washington state cooperative initiative between the Community
Colleges of Spokane and the Washington State Employment Security Department. This
initiative is designed to help unemployed workers retrain and re-enter the workforce.
Priority is given to dislocated workers. Services provided through this initiative
- Employment and training assistance
- School-to-work and job transition
- Career planning
- Customized retraining
- Entrepreneurial training
- Financial assistance, which may be used only for tuition, books, childcare and transportation
- On-campus access to a qualified Employment Security counselor
- Job Placement assistance
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible if you have been laid off or have received a layoff notice from
a Washington state employer, and you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are currently receiving, or are eligible to receive, Washington state unemployment benefits.
- You have exhausted Washington state employment benefits within the past 24 months.
- You are a dislocated worker.
- You are a displaced homemaker.
- You were formerly self-employed.
- You are a veteran separated within 24 months from armed forces with an honorable discharge
If you are interested in determining your eligibility to participate, or would like additional information,
contact the SFCC Workforce Development office.