You may be eligible for a partial or complete tuition waiver while attending Spokane Falls Community College depending upon your circumstances.
100% Tuition Waiver (RCW 28B.15.621)
Chapter 35 – Child or spouse of a veteran or National Guard member who a VA has awarded 100% service connected disability or died during service.
- The child must be a Washington resident between the ages of 17 to 26.
- The surviving spouse must be a Washington resident. The surviving spouse has ten years from the date of death or total disability for eligibility.
- The service member must also be a current Washington resident or had been a Washington resident at the time of death.
- The child or spouse cannot have earned more than 200 credits from all institutions.
- The student who meets these requirements may qualify for 100% waiver of tuition. The student will be responsible for paying the fees.
20% Tuition Waiver
Other veterans whose tuition and fees are not paid directly by the VA may be eligible to receive a 20% Tuition Waiver. In order to qualify
the student must complete the application for federal/state financial aid.
- The FAFSA Application will determine a student’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
The Financial Aid Office will determine a student’s unmet need based on their EFC.
- To qualify for the 20% Tuition Waiver, the veteran student must have $500 or more in unmet need.