SFCC Smoking Policy
Smoking on SFCC Campus Permitted in Designated Areas Only
SFCC is embracing a student initiative to remove the use of tobacco from the heart of the campus. Smoking shelters and
other designated smoking areas have been relocated to the perimeter of the campus. Please join in supporting this
campus initiative by utilizing the designated areas.
Beginning January 2, 2013:
- Individuals observed smoking outside of the designated smoking areas (see map below) are subject to a smoking citation.
- Tobacco in its non-smoking form, i.e. "chew", is also restricted on campus. (WAC 132Q-30-231)
- Vapor smoking devices, i.e. "E-Cigarettes" are also included in the initiative. (WAC 132Q-30-231))
- Marijuana, although now deemed "legal" (I-502)
in Washington State, is still prohibited on the SFCC campus. The restrictions on marijuana use,
in any form, is similar to the restrictions regarding the use of alcohol. Alcohol consumption and use is legal in the state of Washington, but CCS
restricts its use and possession on campus facilities. In addition, the new marijuana law is not consistent with Federal law; therefore
SFCC must conform to Federal rules or risk losing Federal financial aid funding. WAC 132Q-30-228
A support program is available for students who would like assistance with quitting smoking. Details can be obtained
from the Vice President of Student Services office, Bldg. 17, Room 150.
Thanks for your patience as SFCC makes this transistion.
Smoking areas without shelters:
- Northeast of Building 24 in P7
- West corner of P14 (east side of campus)
- West of Building 18
- East of Building 11
- Southeast of Building 5
- Southwest of Building 7