Student Identification Number

Requesting Your SID or PIN

If you have forgotten or misplaced your SID or PIN, four methods are available for you to request assistance from Spokane Falls Community College:

  1. If you know your SID, you may Retrieve Your PIN online.
    • You must enter your correct SID to use this service.
    • Your PIN will be sent to the email address in your student record.
    • (If you know your SID and PIN and you wish to change your PIN, use the Pin Change application.)
  2. In-person: During normal business hours, come to Building 17 Admissions/Registration area. In-person requests require picture identification.
  3. Faxed (see below)
  4. Mailed (see below)

Faxed or Mailed Requests

Faxed or mailed requests are processed and mailed out within three to five business days after receipt of the request. Faxed or mailed requests MUST include:

  • Student's printed name
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of birth
  • Address where reply is to be sent
  • Student's signature

Fax requests to: (509) 533-3237

Mail requests to:

Spokane Falls Community College
MS 3011
3410 W. Fort George Wright Dr.
Spokane, WA 99224-5288

SID - Student Identification number, assigned by the college.
PIN - Personal Identification Number, initially assigned by the college, but can be changed by the student.

History of SID

As of July 2002, in accordance with state law SB5509, colleges and universities in the state must greatly restrict use of your Social Security Number to identify you and your records. This law is intended to add additional protections to your privacy, your identity, and your records. You are now required to use a Student Identification (SID) number to access your Online Student Information.