Federal, state and institutional grants for undergraduate students provide financial
aid funding that does not need to be repaid.
Spokane Falls Community College participates in the federal Pell Grant and Supplemental
Educational Opportunity Grant programs. Resident and nonresident students may qualify
for federal grants.
- Pell Grant – a federal grant program based on financial need. Currently
the eligibility range is from $400 to $5,550 per academic year.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant – a federal grant program
for the neediest students. Currently the eligibility range is from $900 to $4,000
per academic year.
The State of Washington provides financial aid grant assistance to resident students.
- State Need Grant – a state grant program based on need. Eligible students
may receive an award up to the cost of tuition. In addition to tuition, students
may also receive funding to cover a portion of their "out of pocket" child care
- SFCC Institutional Grants & Waivers – A portion of SFCC tuition revenue
is reserved for institutional grants and waivers.
- SFCC 3% Tuition Grant - a supplemental grant based on need. Currently the
eligibility range is from $900 to $4,000 per academic year.
- SFCC 3 1/2% Tuition Waiver – a supplemental waiver that reduces the amount
of tuition costs. Currently the eligibility range is $900 to $2,100.