Board Policy 4.40.02 Academic Standards Policy
Community Colleges of Spokane’s Academic Standards Policy is intended to support a successful learning experience for all students.
Students enrolled in degree or certificate programs are expected to demonstrate satisfactory academic progress as defined by the following
three general policy requirements:
about the new policy
- Minimum Grade Point Average:Minimum Grade Point Average: Students must achieve and maintain the required grade point average
- Credits Earned/Credits Attempted: Students must complete a minimum percentage of attempted credits per quarter
- Degree/Certificate Completion: Students must complete the degree or certificate within the maximum credit limit
- Application for Suspension Reinstatement
- Application for Final Suspension Reinstatement
Community Colleges of Spokane recognize the unique and diverse backgrounds and needs of students, and while all students are held to the
same level of academic excellence, students with special circumstances may petition for special consideration. Students enrolled in special
programs are also required to follow the requirements specified by their funding agency. In addition, students receiving federal and/or state
financial aid must follow the Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress Policies.